SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
TREY WILSON, DB, Vanderbilt
- Wilson intercepted two Ole Miss passes, returning one for a 52-yard touchdown, in the Commodores’ 30-7 win over the Rebels.
- It was Wilson’s second interception return for a touchdown this season (previous against Elon).
- Wilson’s performance also included breaking up three other passes in the game.
- Vanderbilt held Ole Miss to 234 total offensive yards, including just 85 on the ground. Ole Miss had 93 of its 149 passing yards in the fourth quarter.
- Wilson leads the SEC in interceptions (second nationally) and is tied for third in the SEC in passes defensed with four.
The James Franklin bandwagon is now accepting more applications…
Last weekend James Franklin invited Andrew Kittrel with him for a full game day experience. Andrew was born missing one of his legs and a few fingers. He still plays football and is a big Vanderbilt fan.
Well done coach. Well done.
secfootball submission from whatiseenashville
Vanderbilt Football head coach James Franklin joined Vanderbilt’s Move Crew early Saturday morning to welcome first-year students to campus.
If the SEC were NES characters…
Random reasons why I’m looking forward to the 2011 season
Coach Franklin visits Greek Row, asks students to commit to new era of football
Submitted by whatiseenashville
Coach Franklin did something that his predecessors never did. He went from frat house to frat house asking the “Bros” to support Vandy football in the Fall.
The fact that a Vandy coach has made this step is absolutely unbelievable to me.